It is an undeniable fact that no matter how cautious you believe you are, circumstances where the unexpected, such as losing your phone, may occur. Instead of causing a commotion, you can trace the whereabouts of a phone.
Surfing the internet for ways to monitor my phone for free online will undoubtedly yield various results, some of which may be ineffective. This post will look at practical ways to track phone location for free and successfully.
How can I find my misplaced Android phone for free?
Isn’t that true? A few moments after losing your Android, you are hit with a jolt of reality. Memory floodgates begin to open, “Where did I leave it? When was the last time you saw it?” “Did it fall off?” More often than not, you will be unable to locate the misplaced phone.
Don’t get too worked up. You might be able to recover it by using the Find my phone feature on most modern Android phones. This function was previously concealed under the built-in “Android Device Manager” in earlier Android versions.
However, it is clear in later versions with the term “Find my Device.” This Android program uses GPS technology to track the location of your phone and display it on Google Maps.
The disadvantage of this function is that the GPS and data must be turned on in order for the location to be read and transmitted to Google Maps.
If you’ve been wondering, “How can I trace my phone for free?” Then take these few steps to get started. There are two ways to locate your misplaced Android device.
Method 1: Use a browser to locate your misplaced Android
- Go to “Security” settings in your Android phone’s “Google Settings” or “Settings” menu.
- Under the Android device management, you should notice two options: “Remotely Locate This Device” and “Allow Remote Lock and Erase.” Check that both functions are turned on.
- Go to Location settings and enable it. You can access it by swiping your device from top to bottom to enable “Access to my location,” or by going to “All settings” and selecting “Location.”
- To find your device, open a web browser, preferably Google Chrome, from any phone, tablet, or personal computer and type “Where is my phone?” into the search box.
Sign in to your Google account on the browser if you are not logged in with the same account on your phone. You should be able to view the position of your smartphone on Google Maps.
- You have the option of remotely ringing the device, locking it so that it cannot be accessed, or erasing all files to prevent personal data access.
Method 2: Use Find My Device to locate your misplaced Android
- You may also track your phone from another Android device by logging in as a guest on Google Play’s “Find My Device” app. You can also log in via the google.com/android/find website.
- Once logged in, select the device from the list at the top of the screen and then click the refresh button to locate the devices.
- You can also play sound, lock devices, and wipe device content remotely.
How can I find my misplaced iPhone for free?
The iPhone is one of the most costly smartphones, but it is also a fairly safe smartphone. The loss of an iPhone may create agonising stress, most likely due to the phone’s high cost and loss. However, there is no need for an alarm because the phone can be located remotely in a matter of seconds.
There are two primary methods for tracking the iPhone’s location for free. The first method would be to use the well-known “Find My iPhone” app on another phone or through iCloud.
One of the advantages of “Find my iPhone” is that it can still function even when the device is turned off. When the phone turns on, the command to lock, play sound, or erase the device is sent and executed.
Method 1: Use Find My iPhone to track for a misplaced iPhone
- Go to the Apple App Store and install “Find My iPhone” on your iPhone. This should have been done before you lost your phone.
- After installation, go to your iPhone’s “Settings” and select “iCloud.” Make sure the “Find my device” option is enabled. That is, the green color must be visible.
- Select another iPhone device with the app installed and log in.
- Simply click on the refresh button to see the current location of your misplaced phone.
- From the app, you can activate “Lost mode,” which locks the device with a passcode and allows you to show a message on the screen of the lost phone.
- You can also set it to play a sound at maximum volume for around 2 minutes.
Method 2: Use iCloud to track down misplaced iPhones
- Sign in to icloud.com/find using a personal PC or a Mac.
- If you have more than one device logged in, choose the one you want to locate from the list.
- The device’s position will be displayed on a map, and you can use “Lost Mode” to lock the device and display a message on the lock screen. If your debit card is linked to Apple Pay on your iPhone, all transactions will be halted until the lost mode is deactivated.
- You can also erase your device to fully destroy all of the files on it.
The finest cell phone tracking app is FamiSafe
FamiSafe is a sophisticated, cutting-edge tracking tool. If you want to maintain track of your phone while at work or at an important meeting, FamiSafe is the ideal solution. You can also look into other GPS tracking apps for Android and iPhone first.
FamiSafe is more than just a tracking application. It is also an all-in-one parental control application with a plethora of useful and powerful functions. Let’s have a look at the features that it supports.
- GPS Location in Real Time:
FamiSafe has the capacity to pinpoint the exact location of a target device and display it on a map using GPS technology.
- History of the Location:
This shows a record of where your children have gone and at what time by utilizing GPS to track and record their every movement.
Geofencing is a term that refers to the use of geofencing
This feature allows parents to choose a geographical boundary for their children so that they know where they should and should not go. When these parameters are violated, the app will send a notification to the parents.
- Apps to be blocked:
If you believe that particular apps are wasting your children’s time or that you do not want them to have access to specific apps, the program can block any app of your choice and prevent it from running.
- Screen Time
With this function, you can now have complete control over what is happening on your phone even when you are sitting down. You may establish time limitations for phone activities while also keeping your children at bay.
- Websites to be blocked:
Do you want to restrict your children’s access to certain websites? FamiSafe allows you to block websites by entering the URL or blocking unsuitable websites by category. FamiSafe includes more than seven built-in website categories.
- View the Browser History:
You may use this function to see which websites your children have visited, as well as the time they visited and how frequently they visited the site.
We frequently forget many vital things in our everyday lives, including our cell phones, due to our hectic schedules. Many people carry multiple mobile devices for business and professional reasons, and it is always preferable to be able to readily track them.
I hope the information in this article has helped you understand how to track your phone online for free and utilize FamiSafe, which is by far the greatest tracking program.